Thursday, April 21, 2011

Paradigm Shift



It’s been a long time since I have made an entry into Step Dad and mainly it’s due to the fact that my stepson and I are on the best of terms since I don’t know when. At first I thought it was all due to the paradigm shift that took place between my ears, but I know that relationships don’t work that way. And so maybe there was a thoughtful change in my son as well but since I can only control my own thoughts and actions I need not speculate on what went on in his brain. All I know is that my step fathering status is like I have always wanted. He asks my advice again and I make sure that I stop whatever I am doing and open both ears and keep my mouth shut. And before I do speak instead of a quick response I listen to my heart before I part my lips.

No comments: