Sunday, August 21, 2011

Social Proof


I don’t need to prove to myself who I am but lately it seems I have to remind my residents that I have not changed just because my marital status is on the brink of oblivion. No one takes into account what it is I exactly did here and that makes me not angry but just a bit uncomfortable when this is my house and not theirs. I am not talking about my wife lest someone misconstrue my intention here.  I am responsible and if my disintegrating family thinks otherwise I am truly sorry they feel that way. Oh and who ever might be butting in with cheap advice; lay off you don’t know me at all.  And you might be hurting what my intention is. And to my soon to be ex-sister in law this means you too.  

3 comments:

Mary said...

How often have I told you people can only do to you what you allow. It seems they feel they are permitted to abuse you. I have also said in the past we teach people how to treat us.
If you don't like it put a stop to it immediately. You hold all the cards.

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, JB
Some of your readers DO know you. Perhaps maybe even better than you know yourself.
Remember what other people think of you....
Draw the line in the sand and move forward. You keep ALLOWING them to drag you back. Keep on soul searching - about yourself. You have made the decision to leave, but actions speak louder than words. So far I hear the words and do not see the action.
Take responsibility for you. It;s time to plan your 5th major chapter...life after your third marriage. Hopefully it won't be your last, but if you continue your wallowing in your own self pity, you will undoubtedly drown yourself.

Anonymous said...

wow....amazing advice..bravo to these know it alls.