Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Awakening


It is the day after amateur night. I suppose that it is good January 1, 2011 has fallen on a Saturday. It gives me time to decompress before I have to take on yet another year being responsible for 3 people that don’t seem to be cognizant of who or what I am. They might think they do but my stepson and wife are totally self absorbed in what is their future while they continue to rely on me to house them. And my wife turns a dear ear and blind eye in the hopes that her time passes uneventfully.  

As far as my son and wife are concerned it is not so much about wanting them gone, as it is that they continue to take me for granted and think I am impervious to pain and incapable of feelings that my needs are certainly not being met. I am not their custodian while they play house. This has nothing to do with love it is just about being reasonable and this situation is totally unreasonable. 

 There continues to be no plan about the future only talks about it. I live day-to-day hoping things will change by themselves. I have started to awaken but I still feel so all-alone.  I am acknowledged but only ceremoniously and there is no substance in that at least not for me. I have asked the question about what I need to do because no one here seems motivated to make change. Even after I got my stepson a job, he continues to be  penurious while I continue being magnanimous. 


No comments: