Friday, June 18, 2010

Step-Dad Report Card


I am about to take on a challenge as a step dad that I have not really thought of before. It’s a challenge in retrospective. I am going to ask my stepchildren about my performance the good the bad and the ugly.  I like to think I have done a good job on balance but there have been moments that I have not exactly shined as a person, man and step dad. I cannot change what has transpired but maybe these chronicles will serve someone else that is neck deep in the challenge of raising another man’s children with more service time to go than I have.

I also know that I am not above scrutiny because they are not mine and their love for their mother is unconditional. Their love for me is built on time not by birthright. My son reads my blog so maybe I can get him to start this dialogue without having to ask. However, I will report soon.  

No comments: