Saturday, November 13, 2010

He Lands a Job


There was not much celebration from my stepson as I helped him secure a position that will pay him a decent wage yesterday. There still seems to be no sense of urgency in this young man.  I am sure he thinks his sister or someone will come up with a position worthy of his full time satisfaction.  I personally do not think he is cut out for sales but hey either did I think I was either.  

I told him that just because he wants to play shortstop for the Yankees, if the Cincinnati Reds come calling you go play for them. His response is of course but he has this sense that he knows what this new position is all about simply by reading about it and consuming the synopsis from one of his friends. He is quite frankly nonplussed. Reactions aside I am just happy that he will be gainfully employed at long last.  

My daughter in law left for Manhattan and lived to tell about it yesterday and from my wife’s account she had a wonderful time. One of her new found Chinese friends who were born with a silver no make that a platinum spoon in her mouth was ordering around the help at a restaurant they attended as if she was Royalty incarnate. My daughter in law thinks it’s all very amusing, and I am glad she was not my offspring, as she would have received a few bottom spankings along her way out of childhood. 

My main intent for myself is to stay out of resentment and coast into the time that the birds fly and land in their own nest.  I still haven’t gotten my dumpling dinner and it’s nigh on three weeks since their return from the Orient. Am I allowed to say that? Too bad, I just did. 

No comments: