Friday, November 19, 2010

Triple Speculation


My beloved stepson and I had a confab last night, and even though I was shouting, it wasn’t at him.  My raised voice was merely aimed at trying to erase his natural tendency to be a half glass full young man.  He is mired in speculation, double speculation and dare I say triple speculation.  The phrase: if, then is burned on his hard drive. My speculation is that this is an inborn carryover from his biological father, because I don’t think we (his mother and I) have simulated the environment to foster such a track of programmed thought.

My son is caught in the web that benefits are of more import than his chosen vocation. In my opinion that is like wearing the shirt inside out. It’s not a disconnect however, because his true passion is music and he has virtually given up on that ever happening and so his thoughts have turned to his treasure, his lovely Min.  I have waxed poetic about her in previous posts, so I won’t get sidetracked here. Most assuredly this young man is talented beyond his own comprehension and reminds me of yours truly.  He is still young, and whatever power and influence still lies with me to instill in him, I will try to impart.  

This is an ongoing story and you will hear more as it unfolds.  






No comments: