Thursday, December 2, 2010

Letting Go of the Tow Rope


 I have sometimes wondered what it might be like if I let go of the tow rope that keeps my family with a roof over their head and all the amenities of 21st century living. That might sound rather heartless and look like I am trying to shirk my manly duties, but that’s hardly the case. When one does the work that I do and I don’t get applause for weaving around those poles when I head downhill there’s a problem Houston. 

 I make sure that I validate everything my nuclear family does, but it saddens me that I don’t get the validation for the work that I do and the effort I put forth. I think part of it is because I’m the smart one and I’m the one who is self-sufficient and doesn’t need any soft soap. But therein lies the rub I need my butt patted once in awhile and a look in the eyes that shows they know what the hell I am going through. 

So wake up family I may be the smart one but right now I’m feeling pretty stupid.   


No comments: