Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Introvert


 My own spouse, who was a victim of sexual  and emotional abuse as a child refuses to even discuss what happened to her during those times of her life. Every once in awhile she lets part of her story ‘leak’ to me but I noticed that that has kept her as a introverted and shy woman except with her immediate family and I.  She has made strides over the last 12 years living with me but I do not take credit because all I have done is provide her with an environment that allows her to express herself without fear of reprisal and a place of safety for her children, my stepchildren. So in her case above anything else her environment has influenced her personality far more than whatever she came into this life with. 

2 comments:

Blending Family said...

She is blessed to have a supportive hubby like you. Time will come when she will finally be ready to talk about her past with peace and gratitude to what and with whom she is right now. Peace to you!

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

Thank you for your comment. I have found that my wife has brought humility to my life and it indeed feels enriching for her to be in my care.