Saturday, May 15, 2010

Blood Lines


It’s funny in a way that I have little control over my life here.  The only person that has my agenda as part of hers is my lovely wife.  Everyone else is a just short-term tenant that will go on their way eventually.  Even if I love them in ways they don’t understand I will not try change whether they see my true intention or not. 

Step dads like me with no ties of blood can bleed internally when I am shunned in my own home for feelings any normal human would feel.  It’s okay I will weather this storm as I have done all others. Let it rain because as Annie once said: The sun will come out tomorrow.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's sad that you're experiencing those feelings in your own home...
Unfortunate when you 'sign up' for the position of a step parent...you never know how it's going to go.

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

I sometimes take things too much to heart as my lovely daughter in law has pointed out to me. I have had some old wounds reopened but I will heal and all things pass. Thanks for your comment.