Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Step Son the Cook


My stepson is making dinner tonight. I know he takes pride in whatever he does. I hope it comes out the way he wants it to. I will eat it and enjoy it but it has to pass muster with him before he feels good about his foray into the culinary arts. 

Oh oh my daughter in law has arrived on the kitchen scene and I didn’t hear what she said but it might be that although my son’s attempts at feeding us all are well-intentioned timing and portions might not have been well executed. I am glad my head is not on the spit right now.  My wife has descended and she will never ever chide her son or anyone for that matter for attempting something new even if it doesn’t come out exactly to specifications.

He’s using the right ingredients: Organic chicken and fresh vegetables soaked in some healthy oil. I don’t know what brought this on but I welcome it just the same.

If it were I it would be tomfoolery, as I would be asking my wife to do more things for me than if she made it herself.  I will stick to driving and answering the phone. 

  And at this late date I have no interest in becoming a chef, maybe next life. No not then either.

Post Script
The meal was not only good it was great. I gobbled up the veggies and the chicken was done to perfection. 

No comments: