Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Figurehead


There is never a way to explain how the tumultuousness of being a Step-Dad can wreak havoc on my emotional stability. At times I am peaceful and then there are times that I feel like I have been  used and that I have been a fool.  Then there are some days that I actually feel blessed that I can be a father figure even to adult stepchildren.  Today is one of those days that I am feeling like a doormat but I know that it will pass and feelings aren’t facts. A lot has to do with how I feel about myself not about what I think my blended family might be taking advantage of.  My nature is to be kind but my insecurity at other times can make me feel that what I have always claimed that I am just a figurehead who happens to pay the bills.  As I said all things pass.  

No comments: