Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Asian Foil


My daughter in law is fast becoming my foil. She has readily adapted to my kidding ways and is giving  me a heaping tablespoon of my own medicine. And I cannot tell you how delighted I am. She is my treasure and I will love her and her offspring with paternal pride and a deep satisfaction that I was an integral part of her life here in America. 
My stepson and that damn hat of his. Some of his blood relatives have commented to me about it and asked:  “What’s with him and that hat?”  I notice that they conveniently do not talk to his mother about it. She may not be as much a willing listen as they think I am.  However it is not the hat he is enamored with, it is the fact that he thinks he needs to mask his face. Now without bragging rights that I sired him my stepson is an extremely handsome man, and if you saw his wedding photos of him and his wife you would ask what magazine are they displayed in?  
They have the life of Riley and continue a life in the somnolent state.  I on the other hand am up by dawn for no other reason than I want to write about my spin blogs or exercise and be the cat door man. But, this is my choice, I could sleep late and get fat I just choose not to. 

No comments: