Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Square Rooter







It is the day after my middle step's wedding shower luncheon. My ego was bruised when she called last night to thank her mother for the effort she put forth in making it a success. My name was conspicuously left out even though I was not in on any of the planning. My Heather who is really someone else s Heather, has been so organized going back to school days where every book had to be covered that very same night. At the onset of her engagement she had the wheels rolling full speed and I know that even now she even has her eyes on who might be a candidate to be her child's Nanny when the time comes. She will not wait for conception, it will be plotted before the fetus is a twinkle in the couples eyes. Maybe it's something to admire but that does not leave room for spontaneity which every relationship thrives on. Oh well it's hard to argue she seems the most well adjusted and who am I to complain?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, that just REALLY TICKED ME OFF!
Sorry, but I think that you should have been included in the Thank You ...being as YOU payed & keep paying ...okay I realise that I'm overstepping my boundaries...
I just hate to see you being taken advantage of...