Thursday, September 16, 2010

Counter Clockwise


It’s abundantly clear that I absolutely love the empty nest, and their is no syndrome being felt inside this Stepdad. It almost feels like vacation, because the days seem like 12 hours long and I if I could miniaturize myself I would be pulling back the minute hand counter clockwise just to be able to savor the time in a big uncrowded house.  I have sent resentment to the garage where it will hopefully wither and die. I pray that my 70 day respite softens my hardening heart.  I know the immigrants will back to thin my blood, but in the interim my pulse is slow and my blood pressure leaves me dizzy each time I rise from my deep slumber.  I don’t think my vital signs have  ever been this perfect,  and each day serenity spells peace and quiet. 

No comments: