Monday, September 6, 2010

Step Dad: The Book


To the left of my own blog are book titles such as Successful Step Fathering. There are no formulaic answers that cover all topics and all situations. Step parenting in my opinion has to be individually experiential and then drawn from the feelings not as applied to with steps.   This is why I deleted them. I would like to think that an editor might find my blogging up to par to consider a book on blended families from a man's perspective. My online friend Jenn M. tells me that there are many women blogging about step parenting but not many men are doing it. I would love to add a male voice to this very special topic.
I have tried to be more than fair when giving my accounts of my family. Some say too fair and some say that I have been an enabler. I think I have been guilty because as a people pleaser I have let my step children, especially my step son not be held accountable. I want to turn in my good guy award and put respect in its place. More on this topic in the coming days.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

You are right there are few sites that show the 'Stepdad' side. I have been a stepdad for 5+ years and find it quite difficult. I started writing a year ago, stepdad2.wordpress.com, to let out my feelings/frustrations in hopes to ease the stress.

I wish you the best of luck.

Dennis

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

Dennis
Welcome to the world of blended families. I thought that it was an easy task to become a stepdad based on the man who preceded me. He was inept at best and left a tremendous amount of wreckage in his wake. I have learned more about myself through another man's children than I could ever calculate.