Monday, September 27, 2010

Isolation Part 3



 One of my confidants uses the word “chaos” to describe their situation regarding her relationships with friends and family. My word is “isolation.”  I tend to withdraw from mine when they are not heading in the direction I would, let’s say prefer. What has been brought to my attention is that I am highly relational but horrible in relationships. The enigmatic part of my character has me gregarious, outgoing and talking to strangers in every situation, yet I cannot count one friend that I can call my ‘buddy.  I am in a sense alone in the company of strangers.  I can create feelings in a rock yet I don’t know what mine are.  It would seem that it would be reasonable that someone who has charisma might be adept at personal relationships. However, it is just the opposite.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a brilliant entry J...
Have you ever stopped to wonder... if it's the people that you have chosen to surround yourself with in your family unit or if it is infact you & your reluctance to open your heart completely...being totally vulnerable ...
I dig the whole 'isolation thing'...I go there as well~

Mylifeafteraa.blogspot.com said...

It is a great specter that you raise by this question. Our family we cannot choose except the spouse of course. Opening of my heart is something I think I do automatically but maybe just maybe I am reacting 'as if' I am rather than actually opening my heart. I hate that thought. Trust is not the issue it is the idea that I will make more mayhem in my life than I currently live with.