Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Arrival



Is just a few short days away. Back from China the immigrants will come. What did I accomplish in the ten weeks they were away?  I can’t say that being alone was the best thing I enjoyed. I think it was the fact that I lost the feeling of resentment and the obligation of carrying the financial burden of my blended family. I certainly missed the authentic Chinese cooking and I also  know that my wife misses her daughter in law. They worked pretty seamlessly while she was away courtesy of the internet.  
The wedding of my middle step is close at hand and the year passed like time lapse photography. Her brother and sister in law are arriving less than 48 hours before the big event and it leaves little time for any last minute attire adjustments or God forbid the plane from half way cross the world gets delayed somehow. 
I will be sure to re visit my relationship with my son and his wife and maybe I learned something about patience and tolerance, which is an ongoing practice that can never reach perfection. 

No comments: