Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Mantle


Ten weeks flashed by and I guess I am feeling rather numb more than anything else. I really want to get back to what I hoped I had learned here from my own writing.  My wish is that I have made a difference in  five people’s lives. My three stepchildren, my wife and my daughter in law. I think that my behavior has seen the full range from critical acclaim to elements of disdain.  I have tried harder more than I was lax, but the mantle of stepdad is something I must take up again because my blended family needs me right here, right now and for the near distant future I am committed to seeing my middle step daughter have a wonderful wedding and for my son and his lovely bride, employment and a nest of their own so they can populate the next generation. 

No comments: