Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wedding of the Century



Well, maybe not the century but one that will mark a point in my wife’s life that will be cherished and talked about for the rest of her natural born days. I have told my middle step daughter that based on the preparation she has put into her nuptials it should last a week. A few hours will never do the justice it deserves because every detail has been programmed in by her with exacting detail as her antithetical fiance watches in baleful amusement. She has witnessed no less than 10 of her friends get married, and enrolled   in various stages of planning for their weddings as well, so she certainly has the acumen for her own version of tying the knot. I have kidded her that she probably has her nanny already picked out even before conception.  
She has been kind to include me as “one of her dads” and asked me to speak from the church lectern, either the homily or a reading from scripture. It will make me proud because Heather has taught me the most about being a step dad and for that I will be eternally grateful. 
 I had better get to the Men’s Wearhouse to take my measurements as I have put it off long enough thinking I might lose another pound or two based on the ridiculous regimen of Spin I put myself through.  


P.S.
I did and found that I had lost 3 inches off my waist. And step daughter, the other dad's have not found their way to the fitting room. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JB-

Congratulations on your 3 inches!!!!

WOOO HOOO!!! I am sure all us women in the CS have noticed :)

My first wedding, I eloped with virtually no festivities.

My second was quite an extravaganza, at a premier local venue. Today I still look at the pictures and marvel at how happy my husband was that day! I hope for the best for your children. Time always tells...

AYW