Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Step Daughter's Wedding


My stepdaughter’s wedding yesterday was magnificent and what was remarkable to me beyond the magnitude of the celebration was the exacting attention to detail my middle stepdaughter paid to the affair. The elements of her dexterity are too numerous to mention but nonetheless, I will try. The cocktail hour had a selection of food that only several restaurants could claim as their cuisine. Every meat, fish and vegetable you could imagine cooked, sauteed and served with flair and perfection. The staff navigated in and out of the flotilla of guests like they had sensitive radar on their serving trays. 

The entrance to the reception hall was handled with superb orchestration and the music, food and guests were so convivial, it was indeed the best wedding I have ever attended bar none. Her new nieces and nephews stole the show in so many ways. They danced for nearly six hours, were precocious and their performance galvanized the whole ensemble and made the merger of the two families seem like melted butter on toast.  

These will be lasting memories on my hard drive and I am delighted that I was part of her life these past 12 years. Great love and success K & H.  

Wedding of the Century? Yes, in many ways it indeed was. 

No comments: