Friday, August 20, 2010

70 Days


It is but three days more and my wife and I will be alone again in our big house. No more soup noodles or fried wontons for 10 weeks.My stomach will miss those gastronomic delights. Gone will be my son in his underwear parading the muscles of his upper torso and those long workouts in the garage. I will miss him nonetheless.   Gone too will be my daughter in law, who I will miss dearly. My wife will miss her more  as their growing fondness has been a Godsend for both as they search for their individual sense of purpose. 
Gone is my present resentment of not having the luxury of being able to take ten weeks off with no responsibility and my subsidy. At least for now, I am sated in the fact that this is how I want my life to be like, free of residents that have stayed too long no matter how much I love them. By the way  son and daughter in law,  if you are reading this, next to your mother, I do love you with all my heart.   

No comments: