Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sneakers



If I were to represent myself in the metaphor of  what shoes I feel most comfortable  in, they would be high top sneakers. Sneakers always signified  to me the most comfortable footwear when I was a child. I loved that logo on the back heel that said: KEDS. Sneakers are emblematic to  being comfortable in my own skin.  That’s what is necessary before you are able to be empathetic with another human. 


A necessary prerequisite to successful blended families is that you walk in the shoes of the non-biological family member. If they are the child, then you must put your own agenda to the side and see life from their eyes only.  This does not mean you become a doormat to be walked on or have your needs be sublimated, but in order to be the true adult you must be able to lose many battles before you can win the war which is a successful relationship.  


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JB-

I can definitely picture you in those KEDS hi tops! lol

AYM