Sunday, August 15, 2010

Crowded House


My step children will all be here today as my wife prepares a dinner for all of them and their spouses.  I am in a state of calm as I talk to my middle step daughter who in reality is the voice of reason. She has little patience for ineptitude and sloth.  I love that about her even though I do not have her acumen for the detail she is capable of and carries out in her life. 
Her fiance is an amiable sort of chap with a serious mind and a preponderance toward the lighter side of life. He is not caught up in the detail his future spouse is, and he lends his jocularity with almost free abandon. I think they are a great match but I am hardly one to be a judge of that.  My eldest daughter is my woman-child and I am always concerned about her and what damage the broken marriage did to her psyche. She is married to a gentle caring man and I am glad she is in his care.  

No comments: