Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Cat's Out of the Bag


I want my step son to know that I love him and his wife.The choice he made choosing his  spouse was a stroke of pure brilliance. I want him also to know that the insight he had in finding his life partner is of the same talent he can use to make his own way in the world. 
It could be said that now the cat’s out of the bag because we never really seemed to have a dialogue about the specifics of our life together. I have been guilty of being an enabler and not done right by him. We should have had a family conversation long before an open forum on the internet. Okay, I can’t engage in revisionist history, but when he and his bride come back in late October we will have an open forum. I discussed this very issue with his mother this morning and I was surprised she agreed. Sometimes I don’t give her enough credit when it comes to matters of the heart and her children.  

No comments: